10 centuries of classical music Composers (Africa)
or ? or ? It is difficult for inquiring minds to tackle such abundant fields as classical music and opera, covering 10 centuries of history: there are thousands of composers. Making a selection of musicians is a difficult and subjective exercise. A musical selection is often the expression of personal preferences or artistic opinions, very interesting but also very different according to critics or musicologists, or simply influenced by the context: will an English composer not be instinctively privileged by an English critic?
For example: in France, Charles Gounod, a 19th century French composer, is more easily mentioned than the Norwegian Edvard Grieg, who is more recognized in the world.
Timeline of classical music composers in Africa
Whoever wants to discover classical music or opera does not always have an experienced music lover, an expert or an educator at his or her side to support and guide him or her in these fields. So : or ? or ? However, the knowledge available about musicians is enormous. It was processed to select the 10, 25, 50... most popular composers around the world, for those living or having lived en Africa, . And this objectively, and for the first time (soclassiq exclusivity).
Composers rendered as a timeline to bring a little perspective:
For this period 1000-2000+, in Africa, the composers listed are not very numerous (compared to the 18000+ composers already listed by soclassiq).
Here they are:
Some composers to be celebrated very soon
Next month, more than 40 important artists and musicians will be honoured. In February 2021 some of them may celebrate a special anniversary. For others, amateurs and enthusiasts will celebrate the bicentenary of their birth or the fiftieth anniversary of their death for example. Among them, some famous composers:
on 4, Iannis Xenakis (1922-2001), 20th anniversary (Death),
on 8, André Grétry (1741-1813), 280th anniversary (Birth),
on 15, Michael Praetorius (1571-1621), 450th anniversary (Birth),
on 20, Percy Grainger (1882-1961), 60th anniversary (Death),
on 21, Carl Czerny (1791-1857), 230th anniversary (Birth),
Always good opportunities to discover or deepen, (re)listen, explore the vastness and diversity of classical music...
Timelines : Composers
- 10 centuries of classical music
- The beginnings of classical music, 1000 ... 1500
- The rise of classical music, 1500 ... 2000
- Medieval * Renaissance * Baroque * Classical * Romantic * XXe
- Romantic : Europe * North America * South America * Asia * Oceania * Africa
- XXe : Europe * North America * South America * Asia * Oceania * Africa
- 1400 - 1500 : The 15th-century classical music composers
- 1500 - 1600 : The 16th-century classical music composers
- 1600 - 1700 : The 17th-century classical music composers + ( 1600 - 1650 ) + ( 1650 - 1700 )
- 1700 - 1800 : The 18th-century classical music composers + ( 1700 - 1750 ) + ( 1750 - 1800 )
- 1800 - 1900 : The 19th-century classical music composers
- Europe * North America * South America * Asia * Oceania * Africa
- 1800 - 1850 : Europe * North America * South America * Asia * Oceania * Africa
- 1850 - 1900 : Europe * North America * South America * Asia * Oceania * Africa
- 1900 - 2000 : The 20th-century classical music composers
- All composers : by era * by country
- by alphabetical order : A * B * C * D * E * F * G * H * I * J * K * L * M * N * O * P * Q * R * S * T * U * V * W * X * Y * Z
- Young artists (Composers)
Last update : 2021-01-01