The great Romantic composers Asia
Saito or Matsudaira? Galamian or Chukhajian? It is difficult for inquiring minds to tackle such abundant fields as classical music and opera, covering 10 centuries of history: there are thousands of composers. Making a selection of musicians, such as a “top 10” for example, is a difficult and subjective exercise. A musical selection is often the expression of personal preferences or artistic opinions, very interesting but also very different according to critics or musicologists, or simply influenced by the context: will an English composer not be instinctively privileged by an English critic?
For example: in France, Charles Gounod, a 19th century French composer, is more easily mentioned than the Norwegian Edvard Grieg, who is more recognized in the world.
Timeline of classical music composers, between 1790 and 1910 (romantic era) in Asia
Whoever wants to discover classical music or opera does not always have an experienced music lover, an expert or an educator at his or her side to support and guide him or her in these fields. So : Saito (Japanese conductor) or Matsudaira (Japanese composer of contemporary classical music) ? Ben-Haim (Israeli composer) or Maoyun (Chinese composer) ? However, the knowledge available about musicians is enormous. It was processed to select the 10, 25, 50... most popular composers around the world, for those living or having lived en Asia, between 1790 and 1910 (romantic era). And this objectively, and for the first time (soclassiq exclusivity).
Composers rendered as a timeline to bring a little perspective:
Top 10 classical musiccomposers in Asia for the years 1790-1910
Who are these greatest composers, the most famous over the 1790-1910 era in Asia? The works of these musician have shaped the history of classical music and lyric art. There are those you probably know, or at least by name and the others.
Here are these 10 classical music composers, renowned artists from around the world:
Curious to know their most emblematic works? Just a click away to discover them.
The selections of musicians (classical music composers) proposed by soclassiq are based exclusively on algorithms. The same applies to their works, the performers, the lyrical singers, les orchestras, the conductors and the venues : opera houses, concert halls or festivals.
What about the others? 25, 50 or more?
Summarizing to 10 musician names such a wide and diverse field may seem extreme or too simplistic for those who know classical music and lyrical art well, for those who can easily name 50 or more classical music composers. Melik-Pashayev, Dolidze, Paliashvili, Klemperer, Hajibeyov, Hajibeyov, Maldybaev...
At this time, soclassiq has listed more than 18000 composers. So here is a selection of some composers for the romantic era, in Asia, widely recognized around the world:
- This selection may include highly reputed artists and musicians who have occasionally devoted themselves to classical music and not exclusively.
- It may also include composers who have been or are concert performers, some more renowned for their careers than for the work they have left behind.
Hampartsoum LimondjianThe great Romantic composers
Performer & Composer
Alexander Melik-PashayevThe great Romantic composers
1905-1964 (20th century)
Conductor, Performer & Composer
Ğarïfolla QurmanğalïjevThe great Romantic composers
1909-1993 (20th century)
Lyrical singer & Composer
Erich Walter SternbergThe great Romantic composers
1891-1974 (20th century)
Anushavan Ter-GhevondyanThe great Romantic composers
1887-1961 (20th century)
Conductor & Composer
Timelines : Composers
- 10 centuries of classical music
- The beginnings of classical music, 1000 ... 1500
- The rise of classical music, 1500 ... 2000
- Medieval * Renaissance * Baroque * Classical * Romantic * XXe
- Romantic : Europe * North America * South America * Asia * Oceania * Africa
- XXe : Europe * North America * South America * Asia * Oceania * Africa
- 1400 - 1500 : The 15th-century classical music composers
- 1500 - 1600 : The 16th-century classical music composers
- 1600 - 1700 : The 17th-century classical music composers + ( 1600 - 1650 ) + ( 1650 - 1700 )
- 1700 - 1800 : The 18th-century classical music composers + ( 1700 - 1750 ) + ( 1750 - 1800 )
- 1800 - 1900 : The 19th-century classical music composers
- Europe * North America * South America * Asia * Oceania * Africa
- 1800 - 1850 : Europe * North America * South America * Asia * Oceania * Africa
- 1850 - 1900 : Europe * North America * South America * Asia * Oceania * Africa
- 1900 - 2000 : The 20th-century classical music composers
- All composers : by era * by country
- by alphabetical order : A * B * C * D * E * F * G * H * I * J * K * L * M * N * O * P * Q * R * S * T * U * V * W * X * Y * Z
- Young artists (Composers)
Last update : 2021-02-01