1. The website as intellectual work
soclassiq is an information service on the Internet edited by the company e-media management, owner of the soclassiq.com domain and soclassiq trademark.
The site itself, its architecture topics and information services, its graphic design, its algoritms for data collecting and selection and for assembling and publishing are regarded as an intellectual work belonging to the company e-media management under copyright.
It can not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior written permission.
Photos : Thierry Martinot
2. Its contents
soclassiq is made with:
- the articles of the indexed sources (photos or images included), published by their authors by RSS feed, under licence specific to each source,
- the episodes of the indexed podcasts, broadcast by their authors via RSS feeds, under a licence specific to each source,
- videos (and thumbnails) hosted by the YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion platforms, under licence specific to each platform,
- composers/performers, works, orchestras/ensembles and venues listed by soclassiq algorithms from various sources, including:
- Wikidata (a project of the Wikimedia Foundation), released under a Creative Commons CC0 licence,
- Musicbrainz (a project of the MetaBrainz foundation), released under a Creative Commons CC0 licence,
- Classictic (specialised ticketing),
- imslp.org (royalty-free scores),
- additions initiated by soclassiq,
- relationships between artists and orchestras from:
Patrick Georges (2020), “Visualizing music information: Classical composers networks and similarities”. Topic-contributed paper for session on ‘Statistic and artificial intelligence in music’, Joint Statistical Meetings of the American Statistical Association, July 2020, Philadelphia, PA. USA.
Articles (and their photos/images) and podcast episodes indexed by soclassiq algorithms such as videos/vignettes are binding only on their authors. The responsibility of soclassiq cannot be engaged in any way, even if the published comments were contrary to the laws in force. soclassiq undertakes to remove them from the site as soon as possible, on simple motivated request or report.
Composers/performers, orchestras/ensembles and venues listed (or their representatives) may request to be removed from soclassiq at any time.
The thumbnails associated with the composers, performers, orchestras and ensembles have been selected by the soclassiq algorithms without being able to know the associated rights. The authors of these thumbnails may request their removal at any time.
It is reminded that soclassiq aims to highlight the areas of classical music and lyric art, and in no way seeks to harm the authors.
3. The tools
soclassiq is built from a large number of open source library, assembled in respect of their license.
The data acquisition algorithms and curation processes were developed by soclassiq.
It is hosted by Amazon Web Services (servers located in Ireland).
[ Updated February 19th 2021 ]