The year 1592 in classical music and in lyrical art
1592. With other artists, Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck, Giovanni da Palestrina and Giovanni Gabrieli influenced their time (renaissance era). That year would see the birth of future classical or lyrical artists, while others would disappear. That year, new works would be composed, published or performed for the first time in public, such as “Mass for 4 voices” de William Byrd, for example.
All these moments, more or less notable, make the year 1592 a page in the history of classical and lyrical music to be discovered or rediscovered. soclassiq currently lists more than 20 of these moments for 1592.
1592, those moments that counted
Birth of Domenico MazzocchiThat year: 1592, Classical music, Italian composer (dead in 1665).
Birth of Cornelis Thymenszoon PadbruéThat year: 1592, Classical music, Dutch composer (dead in 1670).
Birth of Stefano Venturi del NibbioThat year: 1592, Classical music, Italian composer (dead in 1600).
Death of Ippolito ChamateròThat year: 1592, Classical music, composer (born in 1535).
1592-02-29 - Death of Alessandro StriggioThat year: 1592, Classical music, Italian composer (born in 1540).
1592-05-01 - Death of Giovanni Domenico da NolaThat year: 1592, Classical music, Italian composer and poet of the Renaissance (born in 1510).
1592-07-01 - Death of Marc'Antonio IngegneriThat year: 1592, Classical music, Italian composer (born in 1535).
Works (composition or publishing)
- William Byrd (age 49)
- Mass for 4 voices (Work for choir)
- John Dowland (age 29)
- Put me not to rebuke, O Lord (Song, lied)
- O God of power omnipotent (Song, lied)
- All people that on earth do dwell (Song, lied)
- Behold and have regard (Song, lied)
- Lord, to thee I make my moa (Song, lied)
- My soul praise the Lord (Song, lied)
- Claudio Monteverdi (age 25)
- Libro 3: Il terzo libro de madrigali a cinque voci (Work for choir)