The year 1666 in classical music and in lyrical art
1666. With other artists, Athanasius Kircher, Johann Jakob Froberger and Barbara Strozzi influenced their time (baroque era). That year would see the birth of future classical or lyrical artists, while others would disappear. That year, new works would be composed, published or performed for the first time in public, such as “Opus Ultimum - Schwanengesang: Königs und Propheten Davids hundert und neunzehender Psalm … nebenst dem Anhange des 100., Op. 13” de Meinrad Schütter, for example.
All these moments, more or less notable, make the year 1666 a page in the history of classical and lyrical music to be discovered or rediscovered. soclassiq currently lists 20 of these moments for 1666.
1666, from day to day
This was also in 1666
Birth of Antonino BiffiThat year: 1666, Classical music, Italian composer and singer (dead in 1736). Birth of Johann Josef HofferThat year: 1666, Classical music, composer (dead in 1729). Inauguration: Opernhaus auf der CortinaThat year: 1666, Classical music (Vienna, Austria). Birth of Michelangelo FaggioliThat year: 1666, Classical music, Italian composer (dead in 1733). Birth of Carlo Francesco CesariniThat year: 1666, Classical music, Italian musician (dead in 1741).
Works (composition or publishing)
- Jean-Baptiste Lully (age 34)
- La langueur des beaux yeux de la belle Silvie (Song, lied)
- Le Triomphe de Bacchus dans les Indes (Ballet)
- Les Muses (Ballet)
- Que vous connaissez peu trop aimable Climène (Song, lied)
- Si je n'ai parlé de ma flamme (Song, lied)
- Meinrad Schütter (age -244)
- Opus Ultimum - Schwanengesang: Königs und Propheten Davids hundert und neunzehender Psalm … nebenst dem Anhange des 100., Op. 13 (Work for choir), composed in 1671