1671. With other artists, Johann Ambrosius Bach, Barbara Strozzi and Jean-Baptiste Lully influenced their time (baroque era). That year would see the birth of future classical or lyrical artists, while others would disappear. That year, new works would be composed, published or performed for the first time in public, such as “Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme” de Jean-Baptiste Lully, for example.
All these moments, more or less notable, make the year 1671 a page in the history of classical and lyrical music to be discovered or rediscovered. soclassiq currently lists 16 of these moments for 1671.
1671, from day to day
Birth of Giuseppe AldrovandiniThat year: 1671, Classical music, Italian musician and composer (dead in 1707)
This was also in 1671
Birth of Antoine ForquerayThat year: 1671, Classical music, French composer and violist (dead in 1745). Birth of Robert ValentineThat year: 1671, Classical music, Baroque and early Galante composer (dead in 1747). Birth of Gaspard CorretteThat year: 1671, Classical music, French composer; father of Michel Corrette (dead in 1732). Death of Giovanni Battista BeriaThat year: 1671, Classical music, composer (born in 1610).
Works (composition or publishing)
- Jean-Baptiste Lully (age 39)
- Le Bourgeois GentilhommeThat year: 1671, Classical music (Theatrical music), composed in 1670
- La Comtesse d'Escarbagnas (Theatrical music)
- Psyché (Opera)
- Sans mentir on est bien misérable (Song, lied)
- Meinrad Schütter (age -239)
- Opus Ultimum - Schwanengesang: Königs und Propheten Davids hundert und neunzehender Psalm … nebenst dem Anhange des 100., Op. 13 (Work for choir), published in 1666