1716. With other artists, François Couperin, John Gay and Tomaso Albinoni influenced their time (baroque era). That year would see the birth of future classical or lyrical artists, while others would disappear such as Giovanni Battista Bassani. That year, new works would be composed, published or performed for the first time in public, such as “Juditha triumphans” de Antonio Vivaldi, for example.
All these moments, more or less notable, make the year 1716 a page in the history of classical and lyrical music to be discovered or rediscovered. soclassiq currently lists more than 30 of these moments for 1716.
1716, from day to day
Also in January
Premiere of La costanza trionfante degl'amori e de gl'odiiThat year: 1716, Classical music (Opera), Antonio Vivaldi .
This was also in 1716
Birth of Juan Manuel González Gaitán y ArteagaThat year: 1716, Classical music, composer (dead in 1804). Death of Johann FischerThat year: 1716, Classical music, German composer and violinist (born in 1646). Birth of Carl BarbandtThat year: 1716, Classical music, German musician and composer (dead in 1780). Birth of Jan Tomáš KuzníkThat year: 1716, Classical music, Czech composer (dead in 1786). Birth of John BeardThat year: 1716, Classical music, British opera singer (dead in 1791). Birth of Giovanni Andrea FioroniThat year: 1716, Classical music, Italian composer (dead in 1778).
Works (composition or publishing)
- François Couperin (age 48)
- L'Art de toucher le clavecin (Work for soloist)
- Tomaso Albinoni (age 45)
- L’amor di figlio non conosciuto (Opera)
- Antonio Vivaldi (age 38)
- Juditha triumphansThat year: 1716, Classical music (Work for choir)
- 6 Sonatas, Opp. 5 (Work for chamber orchestra)
- George Frideric Handel (age 31)
- An Answer to Collin's Complaint: Ye winds to whome Collin complains (Song, lied)
- Concerto grosso in F major, Op. 3 No. 4a (Work for orchestra)
- Flute Sonata in G major, Op. 1 No. 5 (Work for chamber orchestra)
- Oboe Sonata in F major (Work for chamber orchestra)