The year 1736 in classical music and in lyrical art
1736. With other artists, Domenico Scarlatti, Giovanni Battista Pergolesi and Jean-Philippe Rameau influenced their time (baroque era / classical era). That year would see the birth of future classical or lyrical artists, while others would disappear such as Giovanni Battista Pergolesi. That year, new works would be composed, published or performed for the first time in public, such as “Arminio” de George Frideric Handel, for example.
All these moments, more or less notable, make the year 1736 a page in the history of classical and lyrical music to be discovered or rediscovered. soclassiq currently lists more than 40 of these moments for 1736.
1736, from day to day
Birth of Carl August Friedrich WestenholzThat year: 1736, Classical music, German composer and singer (dead in 1789) .
This was also in 1736
Death of John Banister 'The Younger'That year: 1736, Classical music, composer (born in 1662). Birth of Antonio TozziThat year: 1736, Classical music, Italian opera composer (dead in 1812). Death of Jaime de la de Té y SagauThat year: 1736, Classical music, Catalan composer (born in 1684).
Works (composition or publishing)
- Antonio Vivaldi (age 58)
- Ginevra principessa di Scozia (Opera)
- Georg Philipp Telemann (age 55)
- Wenn meine Sund mich kranken (Work for choir)
- George Frideric Handel (age 51)
- ArminioThat year: 1736, Classical music (Opera), composed in 1737
- Alexander's FeastThat year: 1736, Classical music (Work for choir)
- Sing unto God or Anthem for Wedding of Prince Frederick (Work for choir)
- Cecilia, volgi un sguardo (Work for choir)
- Look down, harmonious saint (Work for choir)
- Gigue in B-flat major (Work for chamber orchestra)
- Concerto grosso in C major (Work for orchestra)
- Organ Concerto in B-flat major, Op. 4 No. 6 (Work for orchestra with soloist)
- Organ Concerto in G minor, Op. 4 No. 1 (Work for orchestra with soloist)
- Overture in F major (Work for orchestra)
- Johann Sebastian Bach (age 51)
- Sonata for flute or recorder and harpsichord in B minor (Work for chamber orchestra)