1749. With other artists, Tomaso Albinoni, Georg Philipp Telemann and Domenico Scarlatti influenced their time (baroque era / classical era). That year would see the birth of future classical or lyrical artists, such as Lorenzo da Da Ponte, while others would disappear. That year, new works would be composed, published or performed for the first time in public, such as “Mass in B minor” de Johann Sebastian Bach, for example.
All these moments, more or less notable, make the year 1749 a page in the history of classical and lyrical music to be discovered or rediscovered. soclassiq currently lists more than 50 of these moments for 1749.
1749, from day to day
Birth of Johann Nikolaus ForkelThat year: 1749, Classical music, German musician, musicologist and music theorist (dead in 1818)
This was also in 1749
Birth of Julien NavoigilleThat year: 1749, Classical music, musician (dead in 1831). Birth of Andrew LawThat year: 1749, Classical music, American composer (dead in 1821). Birth of Gottlieb Christian FügerThat year: 1749, Classical music, composer (dead in 1800). Birth of Guillaume NavoigilleThat year: 1749, Classical music, musician (dead in 1811). Birth of Pierre LigouThat year: 1749, Classical music, opera composer (dead in 1822). Death of Nicola Matteis Jr.That year: 1749, Classical music, composer (born in 1690). Birth of Joseph AgusThat year: 1749, Classical music, composer (dead in 1798).
Works (composition or publishing)
- Georg Philipp Telemann (age 68)
- Jesu, meines Lebens Leben (Work for choir)
- Jean-Philippe Rameau (age 66)
- Johann Sebastian Bach (age 64)
- Mass in B minorThat year: 1749, Classical music (Work for choir)
- George Frideric Handel (age 64)
- Blessed are they that considereth the poor or Foundling Hospital Anthem (Work for choir)
- How beautiful are the feet of them or His Anthem on the Peace or Peace Anthem (Work for choir)
- Concerto grosso in F major (Work for orchestra)
- Dell'onda instabile (Song, lied)
- Impari del mio core (Song, lied)
- Per dar pace al mio tormento (Song, lied)
- Quant'invidio tua fortuna (Song, lied)
- Organ Concerto in B-flat major, Op. 7 No. 6 (Work for orchestra with soloist)
- Concerto grosso in D major (Work for orchestra)