The year 1686 in classical music and in lyrical art
1686. With other artists, Samuel Pepys, Juana Inés de la Cruz and Johann Pachelbel influenced their time (baroque era). That year would see the birth of future classical or lyrical artists, while others would disappear. That year, new works would be composed, published or performed for the first time in public, such as “Armide” de Jean-Baptiste Lully, for example.
All these moments, more or less notable, make the year 1686 a page in the history of classical and lyrical music to be discovered or rediscovered. soclassiq currently lists more than 40 of these moments for 1686.
1686, from day to day
Death of Giovanni Cesare NettiThat year: 1686, Classical music, Italian composer (born in 1649) .
This was also in 1686
Birth of Pietro Giuseppe Gaetano BoniThat year: 1686, Classical music, hsg agency entertainment (dead in 1750). Death of Augustin PflegerThat year: 1686, Classical music, German composer (born in 1635). Birth of François CampionThat year: 1686, Classical music, French theorbo player, music theorist and composer of the Baroque (dead in 1747). Birth of Andrea Stefano FiorèThat year: 1686, Classical music, italian composer (dead in 1732).
Works (composition or publishing)
- Jean-Baptiste Lully (age 54)
- Airs pour le Carrousel de Monseigneur (Work for chamber orchestra)
- Henry Purcell (age 27)
- Come, dear companions of th'Arcadian fields (Song, lied)
- How great are the blessings 'A Health to King James' (Song, lied)
- Saccharissa's grown old (Song, lied)
- Sylvia, 'tis true you're fair (Song, lied)
- When Teucer from his father fled (Song, lied)
- Whilst Cynthia sung, all angry winds lay still (Song, lied)
- An ape, a lion, a fox and an ass (Work for choir)
- Drink on till night be spent (Work for choir)
- Full bags, a brisk bottle (Work for choir)
- He that drinks is immortal (Work for choir)
- Once in our lives let us drink to our wives (Work for choir)
- The Macedon youth (Work for choir)
- The miller's daughter riding (Work for choir)
- Tis too late for a coach (Work for choir)
- Under a green elm lies Luke Shepherd's helm (Work for choir)
- Under this stone lies Gabriel John (Work for choir)
- When V and I together meet (Work for choir)
- Wine in a morning makes us frolic and gay (Work for choir)
- Ye tuneful Muses (Work for choir)